NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

CrossFit Open 15.3: Check Your Ego at the Door

This weeks open workout was an ego check for most people trying to do the workout Rx. After Dave Castro mentioned muscle ups as the first part of the triplet I came to this realization. I'm still a scaled athlete. I've come a long way this past year with regards to fitness. I feel stronger, look better and have more energy but I still have weaknesses. At least I will be able to do the workout scaled.

I wish the scaled version was different. 50 wall ball shots and 200 singles. I wanted something with body weight thrown in like pull ups. I did the workout and got 536 reps. I think I can probably get more if I tried it again since I should have paced my wall balls better. Hopefully we will have another fun workout next week. I'm thinking Dave Castro will put in rowing and burpees since we haven't done them yet. 


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment