NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): September 25 - October 2


If you want to see my workout week, check out my Beyond the Whiteboard profile.

Tuesday

Back Squat - 5x5 at 65% (255 lb.)

I was able to get through these fairly quickly. 65% is not a light weight especially since I haven't been squatting. I was able to get through it without any issues. 

WOD - Alternating EMOM, 15 Minutes

20 Russian kettlebell swings (54 lb.)
15 calorie rows
10 burpees

This workout was intense. My goal was to complete all the reps each minute but I knew it was going to take a lot of effort. The hardest movement was going to be the 15 calorie row. That was going to take me at least 40 seconds to finish. The burpees were not going to be too bad and the kb swings were going to be manageable.

The first two rounds were rough. I was able to finish all the reps but the second round was a struggle to complete the 15 cals. on the rower. It took me about 50 seconds to finish the cals. Rounds three to five were the same. I was exhausted and I wasn't able to complete all the reps. I would finish about 15 reps on the kb swings, 10-13 cals. on the rower and five to eight reps on the burpees. I pushed it as hard as I could. 

Wednesday

Snatch - 3x2 at 85% (145 lb.)

Heavy snatch day. My snatches have not been that heavy lately and power not squat. Warmed up but was a little tight in my hips. My wrist was nagging me a bit but not too the point where it was too much. Once I hit 145 lb. I used straps. The first set of two was okay. I was extending too early. One of the guys I was working with told me to be patient and stay on my midfoot to heel. I changed up a bit and my lifts looked better. My wrist and forearm were starting to hurt but nothing too painful. The last two reps went well and my form improved.

Clean and Jerk - 3x2 at 85% (190 lb.)

Unlike snatches, I'm more comfortable with clean and jerks. It's not as painful on my wrists unlike the snatch. After warming up to my 85% I was feeling good. My clean went well but I needed a lot of work on the jerk. I need to time the dip and drop better. I had some ugly lifts but I was able to save them. I'm sure I would have gotten two red lights on a jerk but I'm still learning. It was a great lifting session. 

Front Squat - 2x3 at 85% (245 lb.)

I haven't done heavy front squats in awhile and I wasn't sure if I could reach my 85%. At least I didn't need to warm up for this since we were front squatting during the clean and jerks. I loaded 245 lb. on the bar and it felt heavy. I also struggled a lot during this lift. My core has weakened and my breathing sucks. I was trying my best to keep my body upright but my shoulders would collapse at the bottom. It was a grind but I was able to finish.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment