NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): December 4 - December 10


I haven't been doing a lot of posts lately. I just got back from the Philippines and I have a lot of stuff to do for the holidays. I'm trying to catch up with all my posts and I'm starting with my workout week. If you want to see my workout week, check out my Beyond the Whiteboard profile.

Monday

Back Squat - 6x6 at 70% (275 lb.)

We started a new back squat cycle and I'm pumped. I really want to get my squat up to 400 lb. but I haven't been putting in the work. At the end of the cycle I want to at least hit a new PR, even if it's only five pounds. 

I worked up to 275 lb. slowly. I haven't been squatting heavy and wanted a good warm up before putting on some heavy weight. Surprisingly, the squats felt good but not light. It took a lot of focus and concentration. I did notice some hip shift in the later sets which is something that I'll need to correct. Overall, great squat session. 

WOD - 10 Minute AMRAP

10 Single Arm Thrusters (50 lb.)
Run (100 m)
10 Single Arm Thrusters (50 lb.)
Run (100 m)

I almost scaled this workout to 30 or 40 lb. The weight was a little heavy for my left arm but I thought I could get through it. The run was going to be the longest portion of this workout. I was able to go through the right arm thrusters unbroken. When doing the left arm thrusters, I had to break up the reps. Like my squat, I have to work on my muscle imbalance. The run sucked but I kept a good pace and tried to catch my breath during the run. I finished three rounds and two right arm thrusters.

Tuesday

WOD 1 - For Time, 6 Minute Time Cap

3 Rounds

10 Deadlifts (275 lb.)
50 Double Unders

Like most workouts, it's the cardio that's going to kill me and those double unders look scary. The deadlifts seemed a bit heavy but I should be able to get through it in two sets each round. I warmed up a bit for the deadlifts before the workout started. I forgot how heavy 275 lb. felt, I wasn't worried however since this is only about 65% of my 1RM.

I was able to get through the deadlifts in sets of five and go unbroken on the double unders in the first round. It only took about a minute to finish. The second and third sets were a lot harder. I had to take a few seconds in between sets. I kept missing my double unders and it took a lot time to string more together. At the time cap I was ten reps into the last round of double unders. 

WOD 2 - AMRAP 6 Minutes

5 Pull Ups
7 Burpees
9 Double Unders

We had a two minute break before starting this workout. I am more comfortable with these movements and I wasn't too worried. The hardest movement was going to be the burpees. I was still tired from the previous workout but I was able to get an okay start. I went through all the movements without much trouble but I had to take a few seconds in between movements. The burpees were the worst part. I moved at a very slow pace but I didn't stop to catch my breath. I was able to go through all the pull ups and double unders unbroken. I was shooting for six rounds, trying to do this workout like an EMOM, but that didn't go as plan. I finished this workout with four rounds and two pull ups.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment