NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

CrossFit Progress: Back Squats

Today was a heavy squat day. The workout was 3x3 at 95% of your one rep max. After doing the math my 95% is 305 lb. Going into the workout I was excited. 305 lb. was my previous one rep max last October and today I would be lifting it for 3x3. After our long warm up I started my first set. My first two sets were not too difficult. I was quick coming out of the bottom and didn't strain myself to stand tall. My last set was a bit difficult especially the last rep. I strained to get out of the bottom of the squat but I managed to make it up.

This wasn't a PR but I felt accomplished. Six months ago I could barely lift this weight for one rep and now I'm doing it for three reps. Coach Paul thinks I can put 30 lb. on my max which would put it at 355 lb. I believe our squat max day is next week Friday and hopefully I can update everyone with a new PR. If you put in the work, you will see results.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment