NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

CrossFit Progress: Back Squats at 100%

Yesterday, our strength portion was 2x2 back squat at 100%. I was a little nervous since it was at 100% but after the 95% day I had last week, I felt like it wasn't going to be too bad. My main concern was my lower back but I was confident in my form. My first set was easier than expected. I did the two reps relatively quickly without any stalls throughout the lift. The second set however was very different.


I should have taken a longer rest period before heading into the last set. I rested for two minutes, but it should have been five. Those three minutes would have made this lift better. During the first lift, I came out of the bottom and was stuck for a second but I made it thanks to Coach Steve who was spotting me. Coach Paul was giving me cues. "Stay tight, you're a little loose", he said. I readjusted my feet and started my last rep. I stayed tight and with a little help from Coach Steve I managed to complete the lift.

We will be having a max lift day this coming Friday and I'm confident that I will be able to surpass my current PR of 325 lb. My goal would be 345 - 350 lb.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment