NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

CrossFit Progress: New Clean and Jerk PR!


I finally hit a PR on my clean and jerk. My previous PR was 205 lb. and today I lifted 215 lb. I learned that your mental state plays a big role in heavy lifts. I made two attempts at 205 and missed one of them. The difference between the two lifts were my mental state. I wasn't 100% during my missed lift; I wasn't focused. After reevaluating and some notes from my coaches I made the lift. I felt really good after and decided to try and PR.

Thankfully, it only took one attempt. My coaches were trying to get me to attempt 225 lb but I decided against it. I only had a few minutes left and I didn't want to rush it. The next time a max clean and jerk comes up, I'll definitely attempt 225 lb. I wanted to post a video but it didn't come out well, next time.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment