NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week as RX (Probably Scaled): September 7 - September 13

Tuesday

Pull Up Strength Work

Tuesdays strength work was focused on pull ups. We did narrow, regular and wide grip pull ups and then some chest to bar work. 

WOD - 8 rounds FGB syle (30 seconds), pull ups, push ups, air squats, rest

We performed each movement for 30 seconds and then moving on the the next one. My hands were raw from all the pull up work that I decided to slow down when my hands were about to rip. Since pull ups were taking a toll on my hands I would have to gain reps on the push ups or air squats. I managed to stay consistent with most rounds being around 30 reps. 

Weighted Plank Hold - 3 rounds, 60 seconds, rest 30 seconds. 25 lb.

Thursday

Mobility 

Did some mobility work for 15 minutes. 

Handstand Skill Work

Worked on some handstand skill work. Started out with some headstand drills and then worked to handstand work. 

WOD - Run: 1600 m, rest 3 minutes, 1200 m, rest 2 minutes, 800 m, rest 1 minute, 400 m

Running is my weakest movement which is why I like running WODs. I PR'd my mile by 2 minutes, which was unexpected. I finished all the run intervals in 23:54, not including the rest times.

Friday

Deadlift - 6x2 at 80% 1RM (335 lb.)

After not doing deadlifts for more than a week this was challenging. I worked on keeping my back straight and not rounding it. Form was my main focus during the lifts. 

Strict Press - 6x6 at 70% 1RM (115 lb.)

The we superset the deadlifts with strict presses. I under estimated the weight and I quickly became fatigued. I decided to take a longer rest before the strict press to give my arms and shoulders a rest.

WOD - Partnered, split reps as needed. 200 m overhead walking lunge with 45 lb. plate. Then, AMRAP 7 kettlebell swings 70 lb., 7 burpees and 7 wall balls 20 lb. 

This WOD was tough. We decided to alternate exercises but in the end I couldn't catch my breath fast enough and my partner kept the pace and made up the reps. I felt like I held him back but he assured me that it's not about the score. He just wanted to get a good workout which humbled me. We managed to finish 10 rounds. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up!




Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment