NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled) - December 14 - December 20

This segment is very late. I've been busy with work and the holidays. Also my birthday was on the 20th and I took a few days off to enjoy it. I'm going to try and finish up this weeks segment as well. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

Tuesday

Sumo Deadlift - 6x6 at 65% (225 lb)

Started off Tuesday with some sumo deadlifts. I don't feel like I have control of the bar which is why I'm still not comfortable with the movement. I'm only able to do about two reps touch and go until I have to reset. The weight doesn't feel to heavy which is great since I'm trying to focus more on form.

WOD - 15 minute time cap

50-40-30-20-10

Double unders
Russian Kettlebell swing (54 lb.)

Kettlebell swing Annie. I'm not fast during regular Annie, so I doubt this one will be any better. The kettlebell swings were going to be tough especially after doing double unders. The first round started off well. I went through both the double unders and kettlebell swings unbroken. During the second round is when things started to slow down. I was able to get trough the 40 reps unbroken but the kettlebell swings were broken up into two sets of 20. I started messing up my double unders during the rest of the workout with only the last round of 10 being unbroken. The kettlebell swings were broken up, every few reps. I finished the workout at 13:46.

Wednesday

Bench Press - 5x7 65% of 1RM (155 lb.)

The strength for Wednesday was bench press. I had a hard time in the last set finishing the last two reps. It was an easy day.

WOD 1 - For Time

7 Rounds - 7 minute time cap

7 thrusters (95 lb.)
7 ring push ups

I had to scale this workout. The original weight was 115 lb. and I know I wouldn't have been able to finish the workout under seven minutes at that weight. The hardest part of this workout was the ring push ups. It was harder to do after all the bench presses. I started to slow down around the third round. I had to take breaks between all the push ups. I was only able to finish five rounds before the time cap ended. 

WOD 2 -

5 x 300 meters
Rest 30 secoonds

I hate running but I know it's a great skill to have. I managed to finish each interval under two minutes which is a great pace for me. The last two intervals were trough. The intervals felt like forever and I wanted to quit. I managed to keep jogging, albeit slowly. The total time was around 9:30 for all five intervals. 


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment