NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Konqer Recap: Guam's First Obstacle Course Run


After four miles in the hot sun, we completed Guam's first obstacle course race (ocr), Konqer. Held at the Guam International Raceway grounds, Konqer had as many as 600 participants. My CrossFit gym managed to field two teams of eighteen, The Metgot Mudders and The Muddy Lions. We managed to finish the course in an hour and thirty minutes.

Layout 

The course took us trough a variety of terrain with the first leg being mostly mud and dirt with some sections of gravel. The next section was a trail through the jungle with the final leg of the run being mostly gravel. The run took us trough a dirt bike course, through a ATV/MTB course and a rock quarry. The course could have been better however. The quarry was a bit confusing and lacked signs pointing in the correct direction. 

Obstacles

The obstacles were okay but could have been better. I was expecting a lot more mud and less of a gap between obstacles. Also, the course was missing a few obstacles from what was previewed. Some of the obstacles should have been bigger. A few of them were lack luster. The tire roll and "constipator" could have been better. The roll was too short and not difficult. The constipator was also too short and maybe too tall, I was expecting a crawl. 

Final Thoughts

Even with all the short comings of the race, I had a blast. The Xterra Guam team planned a great race and I hope they make the next one better. Running the race with people is what made this event fun. We had great teamwork, and helped everyone get through the obstacles. I hope we do it again next year. Shout outs to Metgot Mudders (my team) and Muddy Lions.

Pictures are taken from the Custom Fitness Facebook page.



Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment