NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): March 14 - March 20


Monday

Redid 16.3 and was able to get an additional muscle up! Check out my post on it HERE

Tuesday

Deadlifts - 5x3 at 80% (315 lb.)

Haven't done heavy deadlifts in a month so I took it easy and slowly worked up to my 80%. I focused on my form and technique and felt great after. 

Partner WOD

30 deadlifts (225 lb.)
10 box jumps (24 in.)
25 deadlifts (225 lb.)
15 box jumps (24 in.)
20 deadlifts (225 lb.)
20 box jumps (24 in.)
15 deadlifts (225 lb.)
25 box jumps (24 in.)
10 deadlifts (225 lb.)
30 box jumps (24 in.)

We decided to split the reps evenly at five reps per person which worked out great. Initially I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle the weight but I felt that I could recover during the box jumps. I didn't have a lot of recovery time during this workout since my partner didn't need much rest. We slowed down a bit towards the end but we finished the workout at 8:42. It was faster than expected since I thought we would finish after 10 minutes. 

Wednesday

Partner WOD - 16 Minute Time Cap

Run (1000 m)
--Then AMRAP--
20 handstand push ups
20 pistol squats
20 row (cals.)

This was a fun workout since I did this workout with one of my gaming friends. He's been looking for a way to lose weight and I recommended my gym, CrossFit Gof Metgot. He likes the gym and has been consistent with workouts. He's been doing great and I hope he sticks with it. Another friend has just finished the on ramp and will be starting regular classes soon.

The run was broken up into 100 m shuttle runs. We each did five runs and then started on the rest of the movements. We broke up the reps in half. I felt like 10 reps a round would be okay, and would have a good enough time to recover for the next movement. I was able to do the workout Rx and my partner had to scale the handstand push ups and pistols.

The run was different since it was a shuttle and not a straight run. I was able to keep the same pace throughout and recovered just in time for the rest of the workout. I was able to keep a constant pace on the handstand push ups. I did the reps unbroken except for the last set. I took a bit longer on the pistol squats however. I'm not as strong on pistols which caused me to take more time. The row was great. I was able to actively recover and not lose intensity. Our score was 3 rounds + 20 hspu's + 20 pistol squats.

Thursday

Snatch Complex - 1 Rep Heavy

1 power snatch + 3 overhead squats

I'm starting to like snatch complexes. My wrist has been limiting a lot of my overhead work but today it wasn't too bad. I warmed up light and worked up to a 135 lb. rep. I was limited on time so I didn't add more weight. Also, 135 lb. is my 1RM for power snatches so I'm not sure if I could have went heavier.

WOD - EMOM for 8 Minutes

5 power snatches at 60% 1RM (85 lb.)
5 lateral burpees over barbell

This workout was going to be tough. I just finished a heavy snatch complex and it had burpees. My main goal was to sustain a high intensity, so I decided to try and finish all the reps before 30 seconds. I didn't want to go with heavier snatches since I would have rested longer. I was doing well for the first few minutes, finishing the round around 20 seconds. I hit the wall around the fifth minute. I could feel myself slowing down finishing the reps around 25 - 30 seconds. I tried to push through it but I wasn't able to finish the last round under 30 seconds. I finished at 40 seconds which is not too bad. I was able to sustain a high intensity for most of the workout. I'm happy with my performance.

Friday

I did my first attempt of 16.4 which you can read HERE!

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment