NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): June 6 - June 12


Monday

Strict Press: 6x6 at 70% (115 lb.)

These strict presses felt really heavy. I was actually surprised, since we have been doing a lot of strict press over the past few weeks. I was able to get through it but I wan't happy with my sets.

Power Snatch (Low Block) - 5x3 at 70% (110 lb.)

The strict presses didn't feel great but the the power snatches felt a lot better. I haven't done many snatches from the blocks so this was great practice. It took me a set or two to get into a good rhythm. My lifts felt a lot better after that initial warm up.

EMOM - 10 Minutes

2 Squat Cleans + Jerk at 70% (150 lb.)

I under estimated this workout. The weight wasn't too heavy and I thought it would be easy. After the first minute, I realized it was going to be a lot harder. Two squat cleans and a jerk add up quickly. I tried to recover but I could never fully catch my breath. I was able to finish the workout but it was tough.

Back Squat - 3x3 at 70% (265 lb.)

I'm not sure if I was tired from all the squat cleans but the back squats felt very heavy. 

Partner WOD

AMRAP 20 Minutes

100 cal. row
800 m shuttle run
60 sit ups
40 power cleans (95 lb.)
20 burpee box jump overs

After doing a lot of Oly work, I decided to do the class WOD. I still want to increase my Open standing next year and I need to do more metcons. My partner had to scale a few things because of an injury but I was able to finish everything Rx. All work was broken up evenly.

The hardest part for me was the row. We broke up the row into sets of 25 cals. which was bearable. I tried to keep a pace of one cal. per pull but I wasn't able to keep it up for too long. The shuttle run wasn't too bad. We did 100 m intervals which gave us enough time to catch our breath. The other movements were not too bad. I almost finished the power cleans unbroken but by grip started to give out. We finished the workout with 1 round plus 100 cal. row and 50 m run. 

Thursday

Strict Press - 7x5 at 75% (125 lb.)

This workout was better than Monday. I was able to finish it quickly without much trouble. I felt a lot stronger than Monday.

Power Snatch (Low Block) - 4x3 at 75% (115 lb.)

Snatches from the blocks are starting to become one of my favorite workouts. I don't have to worry about the first pull and focus on the second and turnover. It's a lot easier to work on form since I have less to think about. The first few warm up reps took some adjustment but I got the hang of it. The snatches felt great, and I was able to get through them quickly.

EMOM - 9 Minutes

1 Power Clean  + 1 Hang Squat Clean + 1 Front Squat (165 lb.)

This complex was a lot harder than I realized. I was comfortable with the the power clean but the hang squat clean and the front squat were a lot to handle. The weight wasn't too heavy but the reps add up quickly. The good thing is that it forced me to set up and try to recover as fast as I could. Thankfully, I was able to push through, and finish each rep before time.

Back Squat - 3x3 at 75% (285 lb.)

This session of back squats was better than Monday. It was heavier than Monday but I wasn't too worried. I was still feeling the aftermath of the clean complex but I took some time to recover before warming up. My legs felt great so I gained more confidence in my lifts. I was able to get through all the sets without much of an issue. 285 lb. is not as heavy as it used to be!

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment