NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): May 30 - June 5


Tuesday

Strict Press - 8x4 at 78% (130 lb.)

A lot of sets but I was able to finish quickly. I rested about two minutes between each set. 

Snatch Complex - Every 1:30 for 9 Minutes. 

1 Halting Snatch Deadlift + Hang Power Snatch + Squat Snatch at 70% (105 lb.)

This was a fun complex. The weight wasn't too heavy, and I worked on form.

No Feet Power Cleans - 5x3 reps at 70% (165 lb.)

I haven't done this drill in awhile. I had to do a few reps just to make sure I wasn't moving my feet. After getting used to it, I was able to finish the workout with out issue.

Thursday

The video at the bottom shows me performing the workouts. Let me know what you think. 

Push Press + Snatch Balance  - 5x1 at 70% (110 lb.)

I found a few issues with my form while doing this workout. I noticed my heels would come off the floor during the push press. I need to work on my hip mobility and flexibility. The first few sets of snatch balances were uncomfortable since my hips were still tight. I need to warm up better before lifting. 

Deficit Power Clean - 5x2 at 80% (185 lb.)

This was a bit harder than the last time we did this movement. It might be due to fatigue but 185 lb. felt very heavy. I need to work on my upper body mobility to improve my front rack.

1 1/4 Front Squat - 3x3 at 60% (190 lb.)

This was the first time I doing this movement. I thought of it as a big bounce out of the squat. Even thought the weight wasn't heavy, it did start to wear on me after the first set. It was a lot of time under tension.

Snatch High Pull - 3x3 at 80% (125 lb.)


Had to use straps for this workout. It was easier to focus on form since I wasn't worried about my grip.

Friday

Strict Press - 10x3 at 80% (135 lb.)

More strict press work. I took two minutes after every set to rest. Was able to finish this workout under thirty minutes which was a good pace. The last two sets were the hardest. My form wasn't that great but I managed to finish it.

Pause Back Squat - 5x2 at 70% (260 lb.)

3 second decent, 10 second pause

Like the pause front squat workout, this one sucked. However, it showed me a weaknesses in my squat. I had a difficult time breathing under the weight. I tried to keep my torso upright but I would collapse a bit after the 8th second. I was able to do both reps without rest for three sets. During the last two sets, I would rest a bit after the first rep. I was worried I would pass out and took the time to catch my breath.

Partner WOD - Partner Nate

AMRAP 20 Minutes

2 muscle up
4 handstand push ups
8 kettlebell swings, American (72 lb.)

The did this workout a year ago and I had to scale it. Instead of muscle ups I would do four chest to bar pull ups and two ring dips. I also used a lighter kettlebell for the swings. This time, I was able to do it mostly Rx with the exception of the muscle up which I scaled to bar.

The workout went great and I didn't have too much trouble. I didn't miss a rep on the muscle ups which I'm stoked about. Like most workouts, fatigue was an issue. The kettlebell swings were the hardest movement. I had to reset my feet a few times because I would lose control. It wasn't too bad, just a step or two forward every few reps. I was able to hold on, and complete the set unbroken. We were able to complete 19 rounds plus two muscle ups and two handstand push ups.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment