NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): May 23 - May 29


Monday

Strict Press - 6x6 at 70% (115 lb.)

My strict press feels stronger. All the reps are starting to add up

Power Snatch

EMOM for 9 minutes

1 power snatch at 80% (125 lb.)

I mainly focused on foot movement and a good first and second pull. I didn't feel great during a few reps but I corrected it. 

Clean Complex - 5x1 at 80% (185 lb.)

3 power cleans + 2 front squats 

The power cleans felt great, better than the snatches. Was able to get through these without any issues.

Wednesday

Pause Front Squat - 5x3 at 70% (220 lb.)

3 second decent, 10 second pause at bottom

I really hate pause front squats after this session. The 10 second hold was hard to handle. I couldn't do the reps in quick succession. I would do one rep and then rest a minute or so. I had a hard time keeping my elbows up after five seconds. I was also trying to control my breathing. It was a lot harder than I thought.

Split Jerk (Behind the Neck) - 5x3 at 75% (175 lb.)

We did this workout last week but this time we had to add 5-10 pounds. Even with the heavier weight, the jerks were not too bad and I felt my form was good.

Thursday

Strict Press - 7x5 at 75% (125 lb.)

Heavier than Monday's session. It took a bit longer to complete but I got through it. 

Snatch Complex  - 5x2 at 80% (125 lb.)

Halting snatch deadlift + snatch high pull + snatch

This was a great complex but I need to work on my snatches. It would have been easier if it was power snatches but it did point out my weakness. I need to practice more squat snatches.

Yolk Carry 

AMReps in 5 Minutes at (375 lb.)

This was the first time I used a yolk in a workout. I've done short yolk carries but they were done at a lighter weight. I was excited to see how far I could get in five minutes. We have a 50 m course set up in the gym but I decided to do intervals of 25 m. The first minute and a half, I was able to complete 50 m. The yolk might have been a bit tall and I should have adjusted it. The path wasn't exactly straight all the time. Members from a class would be doing double unders near the path and I would have to shift a bit to avoid the ropes. The shifts would also cause the weight to become unwieldy. After 75 m, I could feel my legs buckling under the weight. I would be taking slightly shaky steps but I was able to make it over the 25 m interval. It was a fun workout and I hope I get to do more in the future. I was able to walk 150 m in five minutes. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment