NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): July 25 - July 31


Tuesday

Partner WOD

Jack, 20 Minute AMRAP

10 push press, (115 lb.)
10 kb swings (Russian, 54 lb.)
10 box jumps (24 in.)

Alternating rounds.

This was my first time doing Jack with a partner. I've done it by myself but I scaled the push press to 95 lb. We started great, finishing most rounds under a minute. The hardest movements were the box jumps. After the first two rounds I was able to complete all the reps jumping but I had to do step ups after that round. Since my partner was just as fast on the movements, I didn't have a lot of recovery time after. We pushed each other and eventually finished 15 rounds. Hopefully the next time I do this solo, I'm able to complete at least eight rounds Rx. 

Wednesday

Snatch - 1x2 at 60% (95 lb.), 1x2 at 70% (110 lb.), 1x2 at 80% (125 lb.) x2

Breezed through this workout. I was able to hit all my numbers without much issues. I feel a lot better doing snatches. 

Clean and Jerk Complex - Every 1:30 for 9:00 Minutes

2 clean + 1 jerk at 75% (165 lb.)

I was able to hit all my lifts within time. It's a continuation of previous workouts.

Clean High Pull - 4x3 at 85% (185 lb.)

This workout was fun. I'm starting to enjoy high pulls.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment