NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): December 5 - December 11


I was only able to workout at the gym on Wednesday. I ran two days out of the week.

Strength

Back Squat - 3 Rep Heavy

My goal was to at least lift 305 lb. since I was able to do it last week. I didn't feel ready in attempting something heavier or even matching my current 3RM. The workout that day also had a lot of back squats which influenced my decisions on weight. I worked up to 305 lb. which felt a bit light. I could have went up in weight to 325 lb. but time ran out. 

WOD

EMOM for 12 Minutes

6 push press (95 lb.)
6 back squats (95 lb.)
20 double unders

Initially, I thought the workout was an alternating EMOM at 115 lb. then I found out that it was actually all the movements. The weight was too much for me so I decided to scale down to 95 lb. My goal for this workout was to at least finish the double unders. 

The first two rounds were good. I was able to finish all the double unders within the minute but the next round was tough. I was only able to get five double unders and I decided to scale down to 75 lb. I was not able to finish the double unders and scaled the reps from six to four. My goal from this point on was to at least finish one double under. I should have started at 75 lb. but I wanted to see if I could hang on at 95 lb. Turns out, I should have been more conservative. Lesson learned for next time.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment