NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): January 15 - January 22

Strength

Back Squat - Find your 1RM After weeks of heavy back squats it was time to test my new 1RM. My goal for 2017 was to make it to 400 lb. and I was excited to see how far I have come. The last recorded 1RM was from February of last year. I worked up to a heavy single about 97% and then added up to 380 lb. This would be a 15 lb. increase over my last 1RM attempt. I felt very confident since I was able to squat my old 1RM of 365 lb. for two reps earlier in the week. I walked the bar out and although it was very heavy, I felt it was achievable. I descended at a controlled pace and was able to complete the lift. Thankfully I was able to get through it smoothly and not stick on the ascent. You can watch the video below.

I attempted 385 lb. but I was not successful. I had a controlled decent but I stayed in the bottom position for a second too long and was not able to get back up. I dumped the bar and called it a day.


WOD

Partner WOD - Bear Complex, 20 Minute AMRAP

 This workout was an alternating bear complex. The goal was to keep a steady pace and not rush the reps. I started at 95 lb. but my coach kept adding weight and I ended it up at 125 lb. At 95 lb. the reps were not too bad. I was able to keep moving at a smooth pace which is probably why my coach increased the weight. We finished with a combined total of 57 reps. This was a great workout because I was able to do it with my wife. We pushed each other and were able to keep a great pace. My wife and I are becoming better athletes together.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment