NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

CrossFit Games Season 2017


The Open is Coming

The first workout of the 2017 season is tomorrow and I have a mix of emotions. I'm excited and anxious to see what we will be doing this year. Usually a repeat workout is thrown in somewhere but I hope it doesn't involve thrusters! 


I made a list of all the movements from the previous years. Seven movements have appeared in a workout each year: chest to bar pull ups, double unders, muscle up, snatch, thruster, toes to bar and wall balls. The hardest movement for me will be the muscle ups. I was able to do the muscle up workout last year but I haven't been doing them lately. I attempted a few reps a week ago and I wasn't successful. I need to work on that skill and hopefully I can complete a rep before it shows up in a workout. 

Dave Castro posted an Instagram picture of 35 lb. and 50 lb. dumbbells with the wording, "you've been warned" written in chalk. Dave Castro's Instagram has been the source of clues for Open workouts in the past and this is no different. I'm going to assume dumbbells will be in the open somewhere and I should be practicing some movements with 50's. 

Last year I set a goal, to finish higher on the local leader board. I believe I will finish higher on the leader board but it's not going to be by much. I will try my best and give it 100%. I will be posting my workout experience after the submission deadline since I will probably do it twice. Good luck to all and I hope you crush your workouts. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment