NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): January 23 - January 29


Strength

Deadlift - Find a 3RM

My previous 3RM was 375 lb. and I wanted to hit a new PR. With all the PR's I've been setting, I wanted to see if I could reach a new one. As I added weight the deadlifts felt a lot heavier than I remembered. I haven't done heavy deadlifts in a while and wasn't sure if I could hit a new PR. I was able to lift 375 lb. for three but I failed at 395 lb. Hopefully after this cycle, I'll be able to hit a new PR.

WOD

For Time - 6 Rounds, TC: 15 Minutes

5 push press (135 lb.)
10 pistols
Run (200 m)

I had a great time doing this workout. It was hard and I almost hit the time cap but I felt great after. I was worried that the run was going to slow me down since we just did deadlifts. My hamstrings and lower back were tight but I was able to push through it. I wanted to keep a pace of a round every two minutes.

When the workout started, I was able to keep the workout to about 1:30 for the first two rounds. Afterwards, each round was around 2:00 - 2:30. The push press was manage able as well as the pistols. I was able to do the reps unbroken but I took some rest between each movement. The run was the hardest to finish but I got through it with a reasonable pace. I was short of the 12 minutes but I able to finish the workout in 14:15.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment