NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): May 22 - May 28


Strength

Strict Press - 3 Rep Max (135 lb.)

I was not able to match my previous 3RM of 145 lb. I was able to lift 135 lb. without a problem but got stuck at 145 lb. We haven't done strict press in awhile but we have been doing a lot of strict HSPU which I thought would transfer over. Hopefully, I'll be able to regain my strength in this lift and get back to a new strict press pr!

WOD

AMRAP - 12 Minutes

150 double unders
-then-
AMRAP
15 push press (60 kg)
10 front squats (60 kg)
5 power snatches (60 kg)

This was my favorite workout of the week. It's not too long (20 minutes) and I like all the movements. My goal for this workout was to finish two rounds. Others in previous classes were finishing two to three rounds. The double unders went well and was able to finish 75 reps before breaking. My arms were tired and I couldn't keep the rhythm. I wasn't able to go for another 75 reps and had to break it up into a few sets. I finished the double unders around three minutes and started on the barbell portion of the workout.

We did this workout after the strict press 3RM and the 60 kg push press felt heavy. I was able to complete eight reps before dropping the bar. I completed four reps and had to drop the bar again. I had to take a few minutes to recover but I eventually finished the last three reps. The front squats were not a problem in the first round and was able to finish unbroken. I did the power snatches in singles. The second round was harder than the first. The push press was broken up into sets of four to five and I would take a minute in between. I was able to finish ten reps of the front squats by time.

Overall, this was a great workout. I was short of my goal but I did my best. This will be a fun workout to retest.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment