NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): May 15 - May 21

Strength

Back Squat - Find 1 Rep Max

In the weeks leading up, I wasn't able to lift my 90% or my 95%. I was not feeling confident, but I was going to attempt this lift. I warmed up to 275 lb. and started to follow the percentages on the white board. I went up to 315 lb. and did two reps before adding 365 lb. I put the bar on my back and got into a good position. I was able to control the weight but I was not able to stand it up. I got stuck on the bottom and promptly bailed. No use in trying to save that lift, I would re rack the bar and try again.

I thought about what I was doing wrong. My feet felt good, I had control of the decent but couldn't make it out of the bottom. I took a few minutes and tried again. The bar felt the same, the decent felt the same and not making it out of the bottom, felt the same. It was at that point I decided to call it a day. I didn't get to PR and it sucked. I haven't missed a squat max since I started and it felt bad.

I realized that not lifting a new PR is a direct result of my training. I haven't been putting in the work and it showed. I talked to my coach after class and he gave me some tips and what to work on. I'll definitely hit a PR next cycle.

WOD

Partner WOD - 15 Minute AMRAP

4 deadlifts (135 lb.)
3 hang power clean (135 lb.)
2 push press (135 lb.)
1 front squat (135 lb.)

I partnered with my wife for this workout and we broke up the workout into alternating rounds. I was not worried about a particular movement. The weight was light enough for me to get through most of it unbroken even at later rounds. We tired to keep each round to under 45 seconds but we couldn't keep up that pace in the later rounds. My grip started to give out around round 24. I lost the grip of the bar during a hang clean. I took a few seconds and finished the round. We finished 26 rounds of the workout.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment