NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): May 8 - May 14

Strength

Back Squat - 6x3 at 80% (325 lb.)

Last week I did squats at 70%, this week we're up at 80%. I did this twice this week, the Monday session was great, completing four out of six sets at 325 lb. The session of Friday was terrible. I played some Ultimate Frisbee on Wednesday and my legs may have been worn out. On Friday, I worked up to 325 lb. but it felt extremely heavy. I was only able to complete one set. I dropped the weight to 315 lb. but that was too much as well. My coach told me to drop to 275 lb. and do some one second pauses at the bottom. It was a tough week and I should get some heavy reps done. We will be maxing out next week and I hope I'm ready for a new PR.

WOD

Partner AMRAP - 20 Miniutes

10 row (cals.)
15 wall balls (20 lb.)
15 Russian kb swings (54 lb.)
*Partners will alternate movements

Did this workout with my wife and it was a lot of fun. The movements were alternating which gave some time to recover. The hardest movement was the wall balls (as usual). At the beginning of the workout we set our goal to 10 rounds.

I started on the wall balls with the goal of doing all of them unbroken for the entire goal. Looking back on the open, the wall balls in 17.4 were my biggest hurdle and now is the time to work on them. I knew I would be okay on the row and kb swings so I didn't worry about them. I tried to keep a good pace on the rower 900 - 1100 cals. on the rower and complete the kb swings unbroken.

Towards the end of the workout, my wife would finish a movement but I was not ready to start the next one. I was still trying to catch my breath, but it would only take a few seconds. On my last round of wall balls, I broke at 10 reps. I wanted to keep going but my arms and legs were giving up. After a few seconds of rest, I finished the wall balls. We pushed each other and were very supported during the workout. We finished with 10 rounds, 10 row and 9 wall balls.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment