NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): May 1 - May 7


Strength 

Back Squat - 7x5 at 70% (275 lb.)

The percentage for back squats have gone up by 5%. It took a few warm up sets to get into it but I was able to finish all the sets in the amount of time given. I'm gaining more confidence in my squat now that we are going up in weight. Hopefully I'll be able to hit a new PR in the coming weeks. 

WOD

Partner Holleyman - 45 Rounds For Time, 35 Minute Time Cap

This workout was modified from the original Holleyman

5 wall balls (20 lb.)
3 handstand push ups
1 power clean (205 lb.)

The amount of rounds is daunting but once we got into the workout we didn't stop. I had to scale the power clean to 205 lb. The Rx version had the power cleans at 225 lb. which is close to my 1RM. In order to finish under time cap each round had to be done under 45 seconds. I wasn't sure how quickly I would finish each round so I tried to pace accordingly.

This workout was actually fun. We would finish a round under 45 seconds and the break in between was enough to catch your breath. The hardest movement for me was the wall balls but towards the end of the workout, every movement was becoming more difficult. I did all the reps unbroken but I almost missed a power clean. I would love to retest this workout.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment