NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): June 12 - June 18

Playing catch up this week and decided to skip the previous two. Total training days for the last two weeks was three and it wasn't that exciting. If you want to see my workout week, check out my Beyond the Whiteboard profile.

Strength

Snatch Complex

Snatch Pull + Power Snatch + Overhead Squat

I haven't worked on snatches in a few weeks. Since the Open, I've been doing more classes and focusing less on the barbell club programming. My lifts may have suffered but I was excited to get back into snatching a heavy weight.

Started off with 40 kg and worked up to 75 kg. It took a few reps to get used to the movements. Surprisingly, my lifts were not bad. I did miss my first attempt at 75 kg but was able to finish the second attempt. My current power snatch PR is 78 kg, and I'm only 3 kg short on this complex. I may want to try for 80 kg in my next power snatch PR attempt.

WOD

For Time - 4 Rounds, TC - 9 Minutes

15 hang power snatch (95 lb.)
30 double unders

I did this WORKOUT almost two years ago. I scaled to 75 lb. on the barbell and was only able to finish three rounds in seven minutes. Confident in my fitness, I decided to attempt this workout at 95 lb. My goal for this workout was to finish all four rounds under time cap.

The first round went well. I completed the first set of snatches unbroken and the first set of double unders unbroken. The first round took about 1:15 to complete. The next three rounds however were a lot harder. I had to break up the power snatches into two sets and then three sets. I would trip up on the double unders after a few reps or my arms would get tired and I would have to stop and rest. I may have started this workout too fast and should have paced it a bit better. It was a lot harder than I imagined but I did reach my goal, finishing at 8:22.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment