NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): June 19 - June 25


Strength

Deadlift - 5x5 at 85% (355 lb.)

I haven't been hitting my deadlift numbers this cycle. I haven't been doing them consistently for the last few weeks and it shows. My 85% from my lifetime 1RM is 355 lb. I was only able to lift 325 lb. for 5. I'm also more cautious about deadlifts because of injury. I am not where I want to be but I am not in a rush to get there. Proper form will lead to progress eventually. 

WOD

For Time - 9 Minute Time Cap

30 pull ups
400 m run
50 thrusters (45 lb.)

This was a short workout but it was one of my favorites from the week. Pull ups were going to be the hardest movement but we would have some rest time on the 400 m run. I was not sure how well I would do on the thrusters but I was pretty sure I could do them in two sets, three at the most. My goal was to finish under seven minutes.

The pull ups went okay. I set a pace of about 5-10 reps a set and finished in about three minutes. The strict pull ups I have been doing at home are starting to pay off. The pull ups felt easier and I didn't struggle as much. I also felt more control on descents. I should start doing more gymnastics accessory work at home. I was able to finish the run in two minutes but I took about 30 seconds of rest before I started the thrusters. My first set of thrusters were 20 reps. My shoulders started to give out and I switched to doing 10 - 15 reps per set. After resting a good amount of time between sets, I finished the workout at 7:15.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment