NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Miniature Mondays: Thyra, Flame of Sorrow (Finished)


Thyra, Flame of Sorrow (Finished)

Thyra, is a Daughters of the Flame warcaster. Daughters, are the Protectorate's assassins/ninjas. They are quick and stealthy which made me paint her a dark color. I tried a different technique on the face which came out better than expected but the eyes are off a bit. I didn't like the highlights on the cloth, and will need to practice more two brush blending or layering. I also didn't like the way the metals came out. I need to work on highlighting and washing. 

Overall, I loved painting this model. It pushed me to do better and try new techniques. It didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but I had a great time. I need to watch and read more tutorials and try it out on more minis. Thanks for reading and check out the minis below. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up!




Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment