NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): August 28 - September 3


Wednesday

Hero WOD - Manion

"First Lieutenant Travis Manion, 26, of Doylestown, Pennsylvania, assigned to 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, based in Camp Pendleton, California, was killed by sniper fire on April 29, 2007 while fighting against an enemy ambush in Anbar Province, Iraq. He is survived by his father, Colonel Tom Manion, mother Janet Manion, and sister Ryan Borek." - Source: CrossFit.com

7 Rounds For Time

Run (400m)
29 back squat (135 lb.)

I knew I would not be able to do this workout Rx. 135 lb. back squats are not too heavy but 203 reps is a lot. I talked to my coach and he suggested scaling to 115 lb. After doing a short warm up, I was ready to start this workout. My goal was to keep a steady pace and finish each round under five minutes.

During the workout, the run was consistent. I was able to keep a steady pace, even into the later rounds. It wasn't the run that was giving me issues, it was the back squats. I started to first round at 115 lb. and broke up the sets into 10, 10 and 9. This worked well for the first two rounds but by the third, I had to take off 20 lb. I was able to sustain this for two more rounds until I dropped the weight altogether and did air squats. The time cap was coming up and I had to scale in order to finish. At this point I was breaking up the air squats into sets of 10, 10 and 9 and I kept up this pace until the end of the workout. I finished the workout at 44:00.

Friday

Alternating EMOM: 6 Minutes

15 wall balls (20 lb.)
15 burpees

This was a fun warm up. I was able to finish all reps under 45 seconds and get 15 seconds of rest. Started to get very difficult around the last two rounds.

WOD - For Time

5K Row

This was my first time rowing a 5K. The longest I've done in one sitting was a 2K and I didn't know how it was going to go. I started off slow, keeping a pace of 2:10/500m. The first 1000m was not bad and I was able to finish it under 4:20. As I moved closer to 2,500m I could feel my legs start to fatigue. I eased up my pace to about 2:20/500m and tried to keep my pulls consistent. At 4,000m I could feel the energy slowly drain away. I tried to stay focused and keep steady pulls as I watched the monitor increase. I was able to hold on and finished at 22:28. Now I have a goal to shoot for in the next rowing session.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment