NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Miniature Mondays: Yu Jing: Ninja with Tactical Bow (Finished)


Yu Jing: Ninja with Tactical Bow (Finished)

This was a very frustrating model to paint. The model looked great, I'm just not skilled enough to bring it to life the way I wanted to. I'm not down, it gives me more motivation to learn new skills and paint more! 

Skills I need to work on: edge highlighting, blending and working with black. As you can tell, my edge highlights need a lot of work. I tried to employ several techniques but they didn't come out great. My brushes were not co-operating with me and the paint kept getting everywhere. I need to work on brush control. I also need to work on paint consistency. It could be why the paint was getting everywhere.

I also need to work on the basing. I went back and forth between clean and dirty and couldn't figure it out. The urban theme is also something new for me. The base didn't come out as well as I would have liked, it's going to be another adjustment. 

This model was extremely humbling. After feeling good about my last few models that I painted, this one kicks me in the teeth. The final product is not what I wanted, but I will get better. It's going to be a long road. Check out the pictures below. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up!




Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment