NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As RX (Probably Scaled): January 11 - January 17

Monday

Back Squat

10 at 50% (195 lb.)
6 at 60% (225 lb.)
5 at 70% (255 lb.)
5 at 80% (275 lb.)
ME at 80% (275 lb.)

After last Mondays back squat episode and a few days of recovery, I was ready for heavy back squats. I didn't make the same mistake and warmed up with a few non working sets. The weights through all the percentages felt great. The last two sets were a bit tough but I was ready for it. On the max effort set I stopped at five reps to be on the safe side. I didn't want another repeat of last week.

WOD

Alternating EMOM - 15 minutes

8 - power cleans (135 lb.)
10 - burpees
12 - wall balls (20 lb.)

This workout was tough. I wasn't able to complete all reps of the cleans and wall balls. I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself with heavier weights. The last two rounds were the hardest. I was gasping for air and trying to find the second wind but it never came. I only finished six reps on the the cleans and eight reps on the wall balls.

Tuesday

Gymnastics Skills

3x6
Strict toes to bar
Strict ring dips

ME chest to bar
3x60% of chest to bar workout

I couldn't do strict toes to bar so I scaled to three second v - ups. I was able to finish the ring dips but I need to work on form. I tend to lean too far forward and my legs come up like a L-sit. I was only able to do six chest to bar pull ups because I couldn't find a rhythm on the kip. 

WOD

FGB Style - 6 rounds

Row (cal.)
Power snatch (75 lb.)
Double unders

My goal for this workout was to find a good pace and stick with it. Eighteen minutes of work was rough but I paced myself well enough to finish and not quit during the last two rounds. I would finish the row with about five to ten calories, about ten power snatches and about twenty double unders. It was tough, I tried to increase reps but as the rounds went on, I spent more time trying to catch my breath. I was able to stay consistent throughout the workout but I need to work on my stamina. My final reps were 38, 58, 38, 30, 38, and 46.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!



Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment