NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week as RX (Probably Scaled): August 24 - 30

Monday


Pause Back Squat (3 Seconds) - 5x3 at 60% (215 lb.)

I took a long time to warm up, weight felt heavier than usual. I was able to power through under the time limit. 

WOD - 12 minutes: Run 1 mile, max power cleans with remaining time. Rest 3 minutes. 10 minutes: AMRAP - 6 Front Squats, 6 Push Jerks, 6 Toes to Bar.

At first glance this WOD looks like a grind. It's 25 minutes of work and not much rest except for the 3 minutes after the power cleans. I wasn't as quick on the run since it was just after the squats, my legs felt like jello. I was able to finish the run in about 9 minutes, and finish 20 max cleans. After the 3 minute rest I managed to finish 4 rounds, 6 front squats, 6 push jerks, and 3 toes to bar.

Tuesday

Skill Work - Pull Ups

Worked on strict chest to bar pull ups, kipping pull ups and toes to bar. I like gymnastic skill days, they give me time to work on pull strength. Need to more strength for the muscle up.

WOD - 15-12-9, Deadlifts (225 lb.), Lateral Burpee over Barbell, Run 200m 

I was going to scale this workout but I decided against it. 225 lb. is about 60% of my 1RM and I wanted to push myself. I was sure the burpees and the run will be the limiting factors in this workout which made recovering from the deadlifts a little easier. I broke up the deadlifts into 2 sets each with a 10 second rest between sets. I didn't break up the burpees but did them at a constant pace. I finished the WOD in 9:40.

Wednesday

Did a short warm up consisting of air squats, pvc shoulder rotations and good mornings to warm up our legs, hips and shoulders. 

Overhead Squat 1 Rep Max - 205 lb.

I wrote about this in a previous post here. 

WOD - Partner Morrison 50-40-30-20-10, Wall Balls (20 lb.), Box Jumps, Kettle Bell Swings (24 kg)

Managed to finish this wod in 16:40, but I think I was too slow. My partner for this wod was pretty quick and didn't seem to slow down at all. I managed to do all my Wall Ball sets unbroken as well as KB swings. My limiter was box jumps since I couldn't jump all my sets, I would switch between jumping and step ups.

Saturday

Snatch Skill Work

Did some work on snatch positions and lat activation. I still have to work on activating my lats during snatches.

3 Position Power Snatch (Ground, Hang, Power) - 135 lb.

Worked up to a 1 rep heavy for this one. Started at 95 lb. and finished at 135 lb. I'm not sure if I could have went heavier. 135 lb. is ≈ 87% of my 1 rep max for snatches. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment