NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Wargame Wednesdays: Menoth Display Board


After months of sitting on my shelf, my Protectorate of Menoth display board is finally finished. I have learned a lot on this project and my terrain building skills have increased. Now, I need to build more terrain. I used my cell phone to take these pictures, but I will set up the light box and take better shots later. Also, I will be using this board during Otaku Recon. I will post some recap pictures as well.


Added some gesso to the board as a primer. I prefer a spray primer but it dissolves the foam. I've used gesso before but I diluted it too much. It wasn't as opaque as I would like but it will do.


Started base coating with a yellow brown for the walls and a dark umber for the sand.


Sorry for the grainy picture. I dry brushed the sand with progressively lighter browns and shaded using a dark umber wash. The walls were shaded with the same dark umber wash, and highlight using the same colors. I've painted the gate/door but it's not shown. I also painted the exposed pink foam black and added some flock. I will take better pictures over the weekend.

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to message me or leave them at the bottom.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment