NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Limitless Fails Gaming Group: Otaku Recon 2015 Recap

Last weekend was a great step for the Limitless Fails Gaming Group. We had a booth set up at Otaku Recon, marking our first "big" convention. Recon was not our first convention hosted by Kai Productions (we had a booth at EpiXcon), but it had the largest reach. Our experience at EpiXcon was a great first step and we tried to make our presence at Otaku Recon even better.

Our first step was a better display. A bunch of models on KR cases and felt are a good first start but a diorama display board would have been better. I made a Protectorate of Menoth display board and other members made smaller diorama pieces. In the future, I would like to build a large diorama or at the least a thematic gaming table. We also made business cards to hand out to people interested in the group.

I had other ideas for Recon that I didn't get to finish. I wanted to finish Reznik 2 but I had to choose between the display board or painting more of Reznik. I figured the board would make a bigger impact in presentation. I also wanted to build more terrain pieces for gaming tables. I have watched a few terrain tutorials and wanted to try to build houses and hills. I wasn't able to start these projects since I did not finish the display board or Reznik. Hopefully by next year we will have enough terrain for a few tables.

We had a great turnout with many people interested in the hobby. We did a few demo games for people interested and some even came back for a second game. I hope we can keep the momentum going and get more people interested in the hobby. Check out some of the pictures from Otaku Recon posted below.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!




















Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment