NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): October 10 - October 16


Monday

Overhead Squat - 6x2 at 80%

I was only able to work up to a set of overhead squats at 170 lb. I'm not at 100% yet but I'm trying to work up to it. Taking six weeks off is starting to take it's toll. 

Partner WOD - AMRAP 20 Minutes

Assault Bike (100 Cal.)
-then-
6 bar facing burpee
9 alt. pistol squats
12 power snatches (75 lb.)

Initially the WOD called for a 100 calorie row but their wasn't enough rowers. I opted for the bike instead of the ski erg. The gym just added the bikes not too long ago and I was eager to test them out. The second portion of the workout would be alternating movements.

We decided to split the work into 25 calorie sets but that changed after 50 calories. I was winded so we switched to a set of 15 and then a set of 10. The second portion of the workout was just as hard. The movements were alternating but I couldn't catch my breath fast enough. I tried to keep a steady pace on the burpees and pistol squats. I had to break the snatches into sets of two. We finished with four rounds, six burpees and nine pistols.

This was the only day I was able to make it to the gym. I had a lot of things I had to do and wasn't able to make it for the rest of the week. I'm still getting back into it and hopefully next week will be better.

Lift Heavy and Level Up! 

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment