NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): June 27 - July 3


If you're in the US I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend.

Monday

Push Press - 6x2 at 80% (165 lb.)

The push press didn't feel too heavy and I was able to get through it quickly. I focused on my front rack position and my dip and drive.

Snatch Complex - 2 at 70% (110 lb.), 2 at 75% (115 lb.), 2 at 80% (120 lb.)

Snatch pull + power snatch

This was a different snatch complex then the previous weeks. The snatch pull felt great while, the power snatch was a little off at the 70% and 75%. My shoulder have been sore for the past week or two and my shoulders didn't feel as strong. Thankfully, I felt great at 80%. I may need to warm up longer in the future.

Power Clean - 5x2 at 80% (187 lb.)

Power clean was easy compared to the power snatch. Worked on my first pull since I tend to rush it.

Back Squat - 6x2 at 80% (300 lb.)

I haven't moved 300+ lb. in a few weeks but these back squats felt great. I had a few reps where my weight shifted to my forefot and toes but I was able to correct it in later reps. I'm starting to feel more confident in heavier back squats. 

Wednesday

Snatch - 2x2 at 60% (95 lb.), 2x2 at 70% (115 lb.), 2x2 at 80% (125 lb.)

I started doing Burgener warm ups before every snatch session and it helps a lot. The lifts started off a bit rocky but felt a lot better as the weights increased. The two sets at 125 lb. felt easier than the two sets at 95 lb. 

Clean and Jerk Complex - Every 1:30 for 9 Minutes at 75% (165 lb.)

2 squat cleans + split jerk

This was fun but was tiring. I would finish the round under 30 seconds, just to make sure I had enough time to rest. The squat cleans felt great and I was able to get through them without much trouble. I focused on my split jerk form since a few reps didn't feel great. I was able to complete all lifts but it could have been a lot better. 

Clean High Pull - 4x3 at 85% (185 lb.)

After doing the clean and jerk complex, these were easy. My pulls feel a lot stronger now. 

Friday

Front Squat - 5x2 at 80% (245 lb.)

Started the day off with front squats. I warmed up a bit but I wasn't comfortable with the squat until the second set. I worked on my front squat issues mainly my breathing. I'm not close to being comfortable with my breathing but it's getting better. I also worked on staying active in the bottom and keeping my chest and elbows up.

Snatch Pull - 3x3 at 85% (135 lb.)

The snatch pulls went well. I focused on not rushing my first pull and finishing in a good postion. 

WOD

FGB style, 5 rounds

kettlebell swings (Russian, 72 lb.)
chin ups

At first glance, I knew this was going to be hard. I didn't know what my goals were going to be for each movement. Kb swings were going to be tough especially at 72 lb. I had a feeling my grip would start to give out in the later rounds. The chin ups were going to be tough as well. I haven't been doing gymnastics movements since I started doing more Oly lifts so this would be interesting. I decided to throw some numbers as goals. I wanted at least 10 kb swings and 5 chin ups.

During the first round I was able to get 15 kb swings and 5 chin ups. The kb swings were not bad but the chin ups were difficult. I was doing them strict since I'm not sure if their is a way to kip a chin up. The first round set the pace for the last four and I was determined to keep up with the number. I dropped to 19 reps during rounds two and three. I would complete 15 reps of the kb swings but I would drop to four chin ups. During round four I was only able to do 10 kb swings but I was able to complete four chin ups. I was able to complete 20 reps during the last round.

It was a great workout and I'm happy that I got to complete some gymnastics work. I have been slacking in the gymnastics department but I plan to do more work and get better. Need to find that balance between CrossFit and Oly lifting.

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment