NerdFit Guam

Lift Heavy and Level Up!

My Week As Rx (Probably Scaled): June 20 - June 26


Tuesday

I didn't have enough time to complete all the Barbell Club workouts so I did the class instead. 

WOD - AMRAP 9 Minutes

Row 30 cals.
-then-
5 burpees
10 pull-ups
15 kettlebell swings, Russian (54 lb.)


This was a difficult workout for me and I didn't do as well as I hoped. The row wasn't too bad. I kept a good pace and was off in good amount of time. The burpees and kettlebell swings were not too bad as well but I struggled with the pull ups. Since starting the Barbell Club, my gymnastics movements have deteriorated. I need to incorporate more strict movements into my training maybe doing more strict pull ups and handstand push ups. Other than my pull ups feeling horrible, the workout was great. I completed three rounds. 

Wednesday

Snatch - 2x2 at 60% (95 lb.), 2x2 at 70% (110 lb.), 2x2 at 80% (125 lb.)

Same as last Wednesday and same issues. I was able to adjust quicker this time around. Surprisingly, the set at 80% went a lot better than the 60%. It could be because of the heavier weight or I'm getting better at snatches. I hope its the latter. 

Jerk - 1 Rep Heavy

After the snatches I worked on my jerk. Previously, I was able to hit 100 kg. on my jerk and today I wanted to work up to that number. Started out around 60 kg, and worked up in 10 kg sets. I started having trouble at 95 kg. I missed this weight twice and finally was able to complete it on the third try. I need to use shorter jerk blocks since I felt the weights hit the block on my second to last attempt. I lost focus once I felt the weight hit the block and tried to attempt the lift. I should have just stopped and rested. I decided to end it there since I wanted to move on to the next workout and I didn't want to tire myself out trying to get to 100 kg. I didn't hit my goal weight but I will try again next time. 

Clean High Pull - 4x3 at 85% (185 lb.)

We have been doing a lot of snatch high pulls and not a lot of clean high pulls. I had to ask one of the coaches to help me but I eventually got it down. 

Thursday

Back Squat - 3x3 at 75% (285 lb.)

Haven't done heavy squats this week so naturally, we have two programmed. Back squat and the front squat at the end. 285 lb. is heavy but it's only three reps which isn't too much. I focused on form and was able to finish quickly. 

Power Snatch (Low Block) - 4x3 at 80% (125 lb.)

Starting to feel better doing snatches from the blocks as my form gets better. The bar loops out a bit but I'm working on bringing in the bar closer on the pull and turnover. 

Clean Complex - Every 1:30 for 9 Minutes at 75% (165 lb.)

Power Clean + Hang Clean + Front Squat + Jerk

I had fun doing this complex. It's a lot of work but I had fun with it. Thankfully, it was every 1:30 instead of every minute. I did spot some issues on the power clean and hang clean that I need to work on. I was able to finish all the reps without going over time. 

Front Squat - 3x3 at 80% (245 lb.)

Final workout of the day and it had to be front squats! After that clean and jerk complex I didn't feel like doing more front squats. I need to put in the work if I want to get stronger. I loaded up the bar and started doing some squats. My legs were warm by this point so the warm up wasn't too long. The weight felt a lot heavier than what I remember but I managed to get through it. Thankfully it was only three reps. I worked on my usual weaknesses. Keeping my elbows up and straightening my back. 

Lift Heavy and Level Up! 


Share this:

ABOUTME

Hello, my name is Nick and I'm from Guam. I'm an avid gamer and functional fitness exerciser. I'm not great at either but I do my best. I would describe myself as a huge nerd since I love most things you would find in typical nerd culture. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit Gof Metgot in 2013 as a way to get my weight under control. I decided to change my exercise habits to lose that excess weight and be more fit. Hopefully my story inspires people to try out CrossFit.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment